Lower Solukhumbu Trek is the best, if you want to observe the diversity of nature and to see the various cultures of the different ethnic groups of this region. There are many alternatives for treks of different lengths to accommodate your length of stay. Usually the treks start from phaplu, a 30 min flight from Kathmandu, and end at Phaplu/Salleri. Salleri is the administrative headquarter of the entire Solukhumbu district. The highlight of this region is the stunning view from the top of Pikey Peak (4040m.), which includes Mt. Everest as well as great numbers of other snow capped peaks ranging from Mt. Kanchanjunga to the east to Mt. Manasolu to the west. It is the abode of the highest peak in the world, Mt. Everest (8,848 m) and the famous Sherpa ethnic people and other people like Kshetri, Rai, Gurung, Magar as well.. This is considered to be one of the easiest trekking, primarily designed to those whose physical does not favor in high altitude, but want to have direct views of the highest mountains.
Trekking in the Solukumbu region, is spectacular in every sense when it comes to the panoramas of high peaks, where you can not only explore the unique landscapes above timberline, you will have trekking in the fine forests, ancient monasteries, whereby you can have spectacular mountain views and these features have made Solu, one of the perfect destinations primarily for family trekking. The trekking to this area begins from Phaplu or Kangel Danda , where we reach by having a short flight from Kathmandu and then continue to Solu area and making excursion to the area, we return back to Phaplu and fly back to Kathmandu.
Day by Day Itinerary
Day 1: Arrival in Kathmandu
Day 2: Full day Kathmandu Sightseeing.
Day 3: Fly from Kathmandu to Phaplu 2470m and trek to Salleri 2390m (3/4 hours).
Day 4: Trek from Salleri to Ghunsa 2250m (6/7 hours).
Day 5: Trek from Ghunsa to Patale 2840m (7/8 hours).
Day 6: Trek from Patale to Jhapre 2820m (6/7 hours).
Day 7: Trek from Jhapre to Pikey Peak 4065m (6/7 hours).
Day 8: Trek from Pikey Peak to Junbesi 2700m (5/6 hours).
Day 9: Visit to Thupten Chholing Gompa (4 hours round trip).
Day 10: Trek from Junbesi to Phaplu 2470m (6/7 hours).
Day 11: Fly to Phaplu to Kathmandu and transfer to Hotel.
Day 12: Free day in Kathmandu.
Day 13: Departure to International Airport.
- Pick-up and drop off at Kathmandu Airport
- 3 nights accommodation in a 3-star hotel in Kathmandu
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner while on the trek
- All necessary paper work and national park entry permits
- Domestic flights to Phaplu from Kathmandu and back
- Accommodations in lodges or tea houses during the trek
- Trekkers' Information Management System (TIMS)
- 1 guide, and 1 porter per 2 participants, including porter's salary, food, drinks, accommodation, transportation, and insurance
- All ground transportation
- Medical supplies and first aid kit
- Nepal entry visa fee
- Travel insurance
- Personal trekking equipment
- International airfares and departure tax
- Lunch and Dinner in Kathmandu
- All alcoholic and non alcoholic drinks …
- Sweets, such as chocolate and dessert
- Hot showers during the trek
- Tips for guides & porters